Frozen Yogurt Shops Switching From Cups to Cones
For years, frozen yogurt has been served in paper cups. The convenience of this for store owners was unmatched. Now, however, the tides are changing and more shops are seeing the need to introduce waffle cones into their business.
There are several reasons for this change.
- Easy to consume on the go. More and Acrylic poster holder more Moms are choosing yogurt as a healthy alternative to ice cream. They love the convenience of a cone which allows them to eat while they transport the kids to afternoon activities.
- Ice cream cones are edible. This means no garbage left over after snack time. Ice cream cones are the greener alternative.
- They weigh more. Quality made waffle cones, weigh just as much if not more than a paper cup. While many shops argue the cost of a cone is higher, they must understand they can recoup the cost with the weight of the cone.
- Kids love cones. Sure the Moms may love the convenience of eating on the go but for kids, cones are preferred over cups. Not only that. Many shops are actually dressing them up with chocolate and sprinkles to make them even more desirable and profitable.
Changing a yogurt shop over, isn’t near as difficult as some shop owners think. With just a few simple steps, making the switch can be a simple transition.
- Start sampling. There are many cone companies out there. Be sure to try a few different cones to find the company that offer the best quality cones.
- Use the internet. Go online to restaurant supply and shopping websites and find cone holders. They come in a variety of styles and materials. Plastic or metal ones work best. They do make cone holder attachments for the scale; however, just using an acrylic cone holder can be just as effective. Just be sure to tare your scale to include the weight of the cone holder.
- Posters/displays. Using posters and strategic placement of displays can really help to draw attention to your newly added waffle cones. Be sure to have stands available for your customers to stand their cones while they fill them with all the amazing toppings you offer.
Yogurt shops are changing with the times. If you haven’t incorporated them yet, you should think about it. Offering a variety of flavored waffle cones can also help to stimulate new business. In these changing times, shop owners need to be willing to change with the growing demand of their customers. And customers want waffle cones.